Friday, July 21, 2017

Summer Fun: July Update

So about that list I posted June 21st:

Weekly Goals: 

Sew and/or repair at least one garment. 1/4 [1 = item count, 4 = weeks]
My Redbubble #dailytruck dress was uncomfortable at the armholes -- it was finished with bias tape.
[Probably should have gone up another size].
I cut off the binding, overlocked the edges, then turned it under and hand sewed.
Repair made so could wear dress at art reception
Garment fixes for specific events usually happen, unlike all the other repairs lurking in Repair Mountain.
List at least one garment on Poshmark 5/4 [links go to items for sale. You need to sign up to see content]
Severo's Jeans
Vintage Jantzen Swim Trunks
Dotty Keds (so sad they don't fit)
Stripy Keds (I'm so over my brief sneaker insanity) 
Vintage Carpenter Shorts (how can the 90s be twenty years ago? How?)
and one on Trendlistr [if I can ever get back into the site, that is]. NOPE, didn't even try.

Upload new art to Redbubble. 1/4
Not any of the Fluevog prints, sad to say (that was my goal).
However, used Redbubble for my #dailytruck x 313 wall hanging and wanted a matching dress for the reception! (As mentioned above).

Summer Goals:

Get taxes done. NOT YET STARTED

DeClutter the living room (again). STARTED. 
Was looking for art (not yet found) and the 52 Blogger book (found). In addition, Mr Lou barfed on the table, which "inspired" me to clear it off FAST.
"I got her to get stuff off the table. I will now nap."
Get sewing machine repaired. NOT YET

Funny how going over a list like this inspires some last minute chore activity!
How are your summer projects going?
Here are progress reports from fellow Summer Challenge participants: