Sunday, September 6, 2015

52 Pick-me-up: Salmon / Self-Worth / Faith

••• 
This is Salmon week on 52 Pick-me-up. Yeah!
I don't wear much in the salmon range.
Instead, I'll share photos of the "Salmon" book, that I have displayed in our kitchen.
Ewww. Looks like our kitchen needs a patch and paint job. Nice earthquake crack, right?
I also discovered that moths were nesting in the book.
Damn those moths. I have to keep all my grains and flours in the freezer because of them. They are The Enemy!

Here are some close-ups of the book, which I haven't looked at since I hung it in the plexi frame 15 years ago.
It's pretty cool!
The book was decommissioned from the Santa Barbara Public Library, so I imagine that I bought it in a thrift store there. I've had it for a long time -- since the 80s, I think. I totally forgot that it was a WPA publication from 1940. I also forgot about the blue marker embellishments created by "Lisa".
For my background, I chose my orange-faded-to-salmon Art Shorts, which are now on Poshmark. Yes, I'm selling all my paint-stained studio garments that no longer fit. SOMEBODY might want them!

Salmon / Self-Worth / Faith -- link and tell!