Monday, May 25, 2015

52 Pick-me-up: Best Foot Forward

PURCHASED/ GIFTED/ 
This is the 52 Pick-me-up week for all you shoe fanatics. Or sock fanciers. Or those who bare their soles.
It's all about putting your best foot forward.

I have recently unearthed a lot of shoes from my past by sorting through old bags that I found in the garage. They were full of things destined for a yard sale or charity. (Sample items worn last week). Yesterday, I thought I'd be writing about these:
Skechers collection from the 90's
Instead, I procrastinated and a Fluevog detour was taken.

Severo and I made an impromptu visit to Abbot Kinney this morning after breakfast out. We discovered while discussing eyeglasses that there is now a Warby Parker shop there (thanks smartie pants phones!). That reminded me about the newest Fluevog branch. Not to mention the free clogs that I won from Zingara almost a year ago that I never followed up on because the parking over there is so daunting. We figured it was early and gloomy enough (cloudy marine layer) that maybe it wouldn't be too crazy.

Thank goodness we had already eaten -- all the restaurants had mobs waiting to get in.

We did a slow stroll up and down Abbot Kinney and I managed to get a free bag of goodies from Fluevog.
The shoes I bought in SF several years ago, the bag has the free goodies inside.
Alas, the item that I asked about [not saying what] that resulted in the giveaway bag was not inside.
Oh woe is me.
I got a Fluevog button, a tiny sleeveless tee (back graphic shown), aqua laces, and a pencil --
courtesy of Fluevog on Abbot Kinney, Venice, CA
Now I need to call them and get what I asked for so that I really can Get On the Good Foot:

How about you? What's on your feet? Link and tell!