Wednesday, March 26, 2014

52 Pick-me-up: Go Geometrical

PURCHASED/ GIFTED/LINKS/
Oops, running late! I'm in the midst of packing for my big road trip -- I leave in less than 24 hours!!!!

This week on 52 Pick-me-up, the challenge is Geometrics.
Think "tribal" or folkloric prints, graphics on tees, triangular pendants, cut gemstones, etc.
If you're really thrown for a loop (harhar), dots, stripes and plaids count too.

I'm wearing one of my favorite driving garments, the Mexican huipil. Made from six panels (rectangles!) of handwoven cotton, it's super comfortable. If it's cold, I add pants, a long sleeve tee, and a warm shawl. I got the it at The Folk Tree in Pasadena. The cotton rebozo (shawl) was found at the mercado in central Oxaca in 1982.
What? More than 30 years ago???
close-up of the top motif
Time to add your geometrical get-ups. Please link and tell!