Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Digital Catwalk: Alicia does Feet First

CREATED/ LINKS/

This is only part one -- I have more to say!
I was running so late for work, that couldn't finish...
More on Thursday!:

Alicia calls her blog "Spashionista" for a reason. Her mission statement is: "The trials and tribulations of a 50+ fashionista with Cerebral Palsy who wants women of all ages and abilities to look and feel beautiful." I knew I needed to draw Alicia in her wheelchair, a new challenge! Here's my process:

First, I roughly traced over a screenshot from her post, in Photoshop using a Wacom tablet:
I made an extra white layer (set at 50% opacity) in-between the photo and the drawing layer so that I could see both while I was working.

I then printed out my line work and drew over that in my sketchbook
I like this sketch too -- it's more "real life" vs fashiony.

If you follow my Instagram or Twitter, I posted a totally different sketch to announce who was my 52 Pick-me-up muse for the week. It's Alicia standing (she DOES stand in some of her shots). I got that one colored up this morning:
Thanks Alicia for inspiring me to try something new!