Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tomboy Style and the Older, Larger Woman

LINKS/ PURLOINED/ GIFT/ PURCHASED
The Lucky Community asked us to blog about the Tomboy look.
Hmmm.
Is it possible to be old, overweight, wear mens clothing, and not look like a slob?
A challenge! Let's see what I can come up with!

What do you think of when you hear the word "tomboy"?
This perhaps:
that's me between my brothers, 1962
Not this:
I think to pull off a tomboy look, one needs to have a "boyish" figure: slim, athletic.
And for me, those days are long gone (despite what my mind says).
I certainly wear mens garments, however, as you already know.
And with a little effort, I can wear them out and about and not look too schlubby.

I found the boxers in the sample giveaway box at work and pounced on them. A rare 3-pack of XL [sample size is usually S] -- one even had my print design on it! Score!
details:
Severo's embroidered shirt: Cubavera, Ross [borrowed]
mens boxers: Michael Morgan, Fred Meyer [free sample from work]
leggings: BJ's [bought]
socks: Ross? [bought]
mary jane clogs: White Mountain [gift from Leslie]

Have you worn a tomboy look lately?
Join in on my 52 Pick-me-up -- this week's theme is Boyfriend/Girlfriend