Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In the Mix

CREATED/ PURCHASED/ GIFTED/ LINKS
tee - plumpynuts x Uniqlo
tunic - I designed and sewed it
socks - Happy Socks (same dot, different style)
shoes - White Mountain (gift from Leslie)
I ordered this tee on a whim. It's a plumpynuts x Uniqlo colab and only $19.90. I ordered a medium (I think large was sold out) and you can see it's very roomy! I think I'd even fit in a small. Yesterday I swanned around with it over my cityscape tunic and was very comfortable. It's an odd, deconstructed styling -- it's giving me some ideas for the scads of stripe sample yardage I've dragged home from work.

I'd never heard of plumpynuts before, but they do some cool designs. Here's the blurb about them from Uniqlo: After building their careers as designers at foundation addict from 2005 to 2008, Miyuki Omichi and Ayumi Kita started a new brand, plumpynuts, and opened their own boutique, SHOW CASE by plumpynuts, in Tokyo's jingumae area in 2009. In 2011, plumpynuts organized a first fashion show in VERSUS TOKYO, an industory event produced by Yuichi Yoshii. The plumpynuts brand specializes in high-quality, coquettish, and playful designs for women.
Here's their link.