Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Elissa of Dress With Courage and Roquelle of Consider Me Lovely (and many others, I'm sure) do a weekly "This Week I Smiled" type series with Instagrams of favorite moments of the week. I enjoy these re-caps and was thinking of doing something similar. My spin: "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

You have seen small glimpses of the squalor that I live in. It's a miracle that I find ANYTHING. Every time I'm looking for one thing, I find something else, something I've often COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT! Usually it's a happy discovery. So, my plan is to document:
1) what I was (or still am) looking for
2) what I found
Get ready for many "interesting" discoveries!

This week I'm still looking for:
1) pearl charm that my mom got me in the South Pacific so I can add it to my 365 photo project
2) an abstract gouache that I did while backpacking in the Wind River range (WY) in 1976. I want to have it in my show in April. I would still need to get it framed - time is of the essence...
3) iPhone macro lens. Where the heck did I put it?

This week I found
1) Turgid collage done freshman year at OTIS
while looking for
framed art to repurpose the frames for my upcoming show
now available on Society6 [2018 edit]
2) In-camera double-exposure photo that I took of Millbrook, NY in 1973(?) right before the family moved to PA
while looking for
art that needed to get to framer

 3) Almond soup I've been craving since I tasted it in 1992 in HK
while looking for
dim sum after going to the framer


4) Band sketchbooks from 1999 - 2003. It wasn't finding the books - I located those immediately - it was realizing that the sketches are pretty darn good in them!
while looking for
the recipe for a salad that Sev and I used to eat. We got it from watching a food show when we were at SXSW in 2000 and I thought I wrote it down in the sketchbook I was carrying then. Didn't find, we recreated it from our feeble memories and details surfaced while we made it... The recipe will be over on The Glutton [sometime soon]

5) A good business opportunity came my way that I wasn't looking for, but that found me. Still very much in the planning stages so must remain mysterious for now...